Welcome to the Metropolitan Transport Forum
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group comprising members from Melbourne metropolitan local government, associate members representing transport companies, and participants from the State Government and environment groups.
MTF Executive for 2019
The MTF Officer Bearers and Executive for 2019 (as elected at the February meeting) are as follows:
Chair: Cr Martin Zakharov (City of Maribyrnong)
Deputy Chair: Cr Jonathan Marsden (City of Hobsons Bay)
Treasurer: Cr. Jackie Fristacky (City of Yarra)
Secretary: Paul Hamilton (City of Casey)
Cr Tom Melican (City of Banyule)
Cr Anna Chen (City of Manningham)
Cr Katherine Copsey (City of Port Phillip)
Cr Stuart James(City of Monash)
The MTF welcomes Councillors Anna Chen, Katherine Copsey and Stuart James, and thanks retiring members Cr Paul McLeish, Cr Andrea Surace and Clare Davey. Observers Cr Clarke Martin and Jane Waldock also made a valuable contribution.
Meetings in 2019 - dates are as follows
- Wednesday 6th February: Jeroen Weimar, Public Transport Victoria (PTV)
- Wednesday 6th March: Paul Hamilton, City of Casey, innovative transport graphics and analytics
- Wednesday 3rd April: Daniel Bowen, Public Transport Users Association (PTUA)
- Wednesday 1st May: Bus advocacy, Shire of Mornington Peninsula, plus on-demand bus XEMO
- Wednesday 4th June:
- Wednesday 3rd July:
- Wednesday 1st August:
- Wednesday 4th September:
- Wednesday 2nd October:
- Wednesday 6th November:
- Wednesday 4th December:
- stimulate transport debate prior to the state election by developing a series of Council-based transport forums providing opportunity for the community to debate local transport issues with candidates
- a priority focus on buses.
MTF event Bus Matters
As a lead event for the MTF bus advocacy program for 2017/2018 the MTF hosted a forum on Tuesday 31st October 2017 focussing on what can be done to help buses play a greater role in the local transport mix. An interesting line up of speakers provided valuable insight into the bus sector as follows:
- Professor Graham Currie, Monash University,
- Dr Chris Lowe, Bus Association of Victoria
- Rene Lalabande, Transdev (international transport operator managing a large sector of Melbourne's buses)
- Dr Elliot Fishman, Institute of Sensible Transport
- David Silvester, Chris Loader, Transport for Victoria
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group
comprising members from Melbourne metropolitan local government,
associate members representing transport companies, and participants
from the State Government and environment groups.
The MTF endeavours to promote effective, efficient and equitable transport in metropolitan Melbourne and improved transport choices by
- providing a forum for debate among members of the transport sector
- encouraging information sharing among member local governments
- representing local government viewpoint to decision makers
- fostering and sponsoring research on occasion
- seeking to influence transport policy and project implementation in the broader metropolitan interest
- working with local government counterparts
- enabling networking and collaboration between local and state government
- disseminating information on transport topics.
The MTF holds a regular monthly meeting on the first Wednesday of the month which includes a presentation on a transport topic of interest and relevance to local governments. Meetings are open to all, please contact email@example.com if interested to attend.