Welcome to the Metropolitan Transport Forum
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group comprising members from Melbourne metropolitan local government, associate members representing transport companies, and participants from the State Government and environment groups.
The website is currently being upgraded, an updated version planned later this year.
Meetings in 2017 - coming meeting topics as follow
- March: to be confirmed
- April: to be confirmed
- May: John Merritt, CEO, VIcRoads
- June: State budget, Transport for Victoria
- July: to be confirmed
- August: Corey Hannet, Office of Major Project
- September: Jeremy Hanlin: Active Transport Unit (tbc)
- October: to be confirmed
- November: to be confirmed
- December: topic to be confirmed
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group
comprising members from Melbourne metropolitan local government,
associate members representing transport companies, and participants
from the State Government and environment groups.
The MTF endeavours to promote effective, efficient and equitable transport in metropolitan Melbourne and improved transport choices by
- providing a forum for debate among members of the transport sector
- encouraging information sharing among member local governments
- representing local government viewpoint to decision makers
- fostering and sponsoring research on occasion
- seeking to influence transport policy and project implementation in the broader metropolitan interest
- working with local government counterparts
- enabling networking and collaboration between local and state government
- disseminating information on transport topics.
The MTF holds a regular monthly meeting on the first Wednesday of the month which includes a presentation on a transport topic of interest and relevance to local governments. Meetings are open to all, please contact email@example.com if interested to attend.
The year to date
Presentations for the early part of the year have been as follows. Presentations, and minutes which contain a summary of the presentations are on the website
- February 1st, Tony Murphy, Port of Melbourne, presented on new development at Webb Dock
- Note also the MTF Officer Bearers and Executive for 2017 (as elected at the February meeting) are as follows:
Chair: Cr Martin Zakharov (City of Maribyrnong)
Deputy Chair: Cr Tom Melican (City of Banyule)
Treasurer: Cr. Jackie Fristacky (City of Yarra)
Secretary: Paul Hamilton (City of Casey)
Cr Clarke Martin (City of Bayside)
Cr Paul McLeish (City of Manningham)
Cr Andrew Munroe (City of Whitehorse)
Clare Davey (City of Boroondara)