Coming meeting Wednesday December 2nd
Carly Dixon and Elizabeth Joldeski, Melbourne AIrport, will present on transport issues. Jane Nathan, Commissioner City of Brimbank, will provide the Council perspective on airport rail.
City of Melbourne has kindly agreed to provide some festive fare.
Annual General Meeting
- Annual report 2014/2015 including financial statement and auditor's report
- Minutes of AGM 2013/2014 (approved)
- AGM meeting agenda
- Motions for AGM
- Minutes AGM 2014/2015 (draft)
Meetings in 2016 - proposed meeting topics as follows
- February 3rd: plan to start the year with a focus on buses with presentations from PTV and City of Brimbank to be confirmed. Note election for the 2016 executive will be held at this meeting
- topics of walking, cycling, level crossings, Infrastructure Victoria, Melbourne Metro Rail, VicRoads - date and speakers to be confirmed
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group comprising
members from Melbourne metropolitan local government, associate members
representing transport companies, and participants from the State
Government and environment groups.
The MTF endeavours to promote effective, efficient and equitable transport in metropolitan Melbourne and improved transport choices by
- providing a forum for debate among members of the transport sector
- encouraging information sharing among member local governments
- representing local government viewpoint to decision makers
- fostering and sponsoring research on occasion
- seeking to influence transport policy and project implementation in the broader metropolitan interest
- working with local government counterparts
- enabling networking and collaboration between local and state government
- disseminating information on transport topics.
The MTF holds a regular monthly meeting on the first Wednesday of the month which includes a presentation on a transport topic of interest and relevance to local governments. Meetings are open to all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested to attend.
The year to date
Presentations for the early part of the year have been as follows. Presentations, and minutes which contain a summary of the presentations are on the website
- February 4th, Kerry Thompson, Chair Western Transport Alliance, in conjunction with Craig Rowley, Leadwest, on transport issues and options in the west
- March 4th, Mark Wild, CEO of Public Transport Victoria, about PTV's work and plans
- April 1st, Clement Michel, CEO Yarra Trams, presented on coming initiatives for the tram network
- May 6th, Steve Manders, Jacobs Consulting, on Port of Melbourne and site options for additional container capacity
- June 3rd, Kim Dovey, Professor of Architecture and Urban Design at University of Melbourne, on intensifying Melbourne.
- July 1st, Allen Garner & Chris Loader, PTV, on Regional Rail Link Geelong to Melbourne rail and supporting bus networks
- August 5th, Ian Goodes, City of Whitehorse, on the experience of 5 grade separations in the municipality
- September 2nd, John Merritt, CEO VicRoads, on new directions for VicRoads dealing with Melbourne's rapid growth
- October 7th, Chris Carpenter, General Manager, Bicycle Network, presented on cycling in Melbourne and the work of Bicycle Network. Cr Jackie Fristacky and Jane Waldock followed with their experience and learning from a recent cycle tour of Holland.
- November 4th: Ray Winn, VIctoria Auditor-General's Office on risk management appllied to the transport challenges facing Victoria from a long-term perspective.
- December 2nd: Carly Dixon, Melbourne Airport, on on-ground transport issues to, from and around the airport. with a commentary from Jane Nathan, Brimbank .Note also the MTF Officer Bearers and Executive for 2015 (as elected at the February meeting) are as follows:
Chair: Cr Tom Melican (City of Banyule)
Deputy Chair: Cr Martin Zakharov (City of Maribyrnong)
Treasurer: Cr. Jackie Fristacky (City of Yarra)
Secretary: Paul Hamilton (City of Casey)
Cr Glenn Goodfellow (City of Wyndham)
Cr Thomas Sounness (City of Glen Eira)
Cr Oliver Walsh (City of Darebin)
Clare Davey (City of Boroondara)
The MTF thanks retiring executive members of 2014 Cr Andrew Munroe(City of Whitehorse) and Cr Lenka Thompson (City of Moreland). The MTF also welcomes those new to the MTF executive Cr Thomas Sounness (City of GlenEira), Cr Oliver Walsh (City of Darebin) and Clare Davey(City of Boroondara). and looks forward to working with them in 2015.