Welcome to the Metropolitan Transport Forum
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group comprising members from Melbourne metropolitan local government, associate members representing transport companies, and participants from the State Government and environment groups.
The website is currently being upgraded, an updated version planned for July / August this year.
Meetings in 2016 - coming meeting topics as follow
- May: Western Distributor featuring presenters from the project team and Transurban Metro Rail, VicRoads.
- June: Harry Wijers, CEO of Transdev on the bus network.
- July: Michel Masson, CEO of Infrastructure Victoria
- August: Evan Tattersall, CEO Melbourne Metro Rail Authority
- September: Chris Loader, PTV, on restructuring bus networks
The Metropolitan Transport Forum (MTF) is an advocacy group
comprising members from Melbourne metropolitan local government,
associate members representing transport companies, and participants
from the State Government and environment groups.
The MTF endeavours to promote effective, efficient and equitable transport in metropolitan Melbourne and improved transport choices by
- providing a forum for debate among members of the transport sector
- encouraging information sharing among member local governments
- representing local government viewpoint to decision makers
- fostering and sponsoring research on occasion
- seeking to influence transport policy and project implementation in the broader metropolitan interest
- working with local government counterparts
- enabling networking and collaboration between local and state government
- disseminating information on transport topics.
The MTF holds a regular monthly meeting on the first Wednesday of the month which includes a presentation on a transport topic of interest and relevance to local governments. Meetings are open to all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested to attend.
The year to date
Presentations for the early part of the year have been as follows. Presentations, and minutes which contain a summary of the presentations are on the website
- February 3rd, Rob Spence, CEO of the MAV, presented on the transport focus of the MAV
- March 2nd , Dr James McIntosh, LUTI Consulting, on value capture on rail
- April 6th, Andrea Macdonald, Urban Interface, presented her report on a local government support project for level crossing removals. Note also the MTF Officer Bearers and Executive for 2016 (as elected at the February meeting) are as follows:
Chair: Cr Tom Melican (City of Banyule)
Deputy Chair: Cr Martin Zakharov (City of Maribyrnong)
Treasurer: Cr. Jackie Fristacky (City of Yarra)
Secretary: Paul Hamilton (City of Casey)
Cr Glenn Goodfellow (City of Wyndham)
Cr Thomas Sounness (City of Glen Eira)
Cr Andrea Surace (City of Moonee Valley)
Cr John McMorrow (City of Stonnington)
The MTF thanks retiring executive members of 2015 Clare Davey (City of Boroondara) and Cr Oliver Davey (City of Darebin). The MTF also welcomes those new to the MTF executive Cr John McMorrow (City of Stonnington) and Cr Andrea Surace (City of Moonee Valley. and looks forward to working with them in 2016.